Saturday, May 5, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

So my birthday isn't until the 19th of this month, but as a birthday present to me (and to my best friend Erin) I bought tickets to see Damien Rice. It was good. It was SO good. I loved every minute and as pathetic as it sounds, I was totally weepy through part of it. It was amazing.

There was a point where a drunk guy was dancing and Erin asked him to buy her a churro, but other than that, it was perfect. (full story)

Damien told a lot of really interesting stories that went along with his songs. Like I had no idea that "Me, My Yoke and Me" was about masturbation or that "I remember" was about the bagger at the grocery store. His stories were very human and honest and I appreciated that.

He told a great story about cows too.

He did an amazing rendition of "Accidental Babies" that was just heart wrenching.

The true highlight was that we just so happened to park our car right next to an old friend. We hung out before the concert and went to dinner afterward. It was so much fun. I love being around people that make you feel like you can be yourself. There were no apologies and no fronts, it was just easy.

Couldn't have had a better birthday present.

My crappy camera phone captured this unrecognizable image:







Here I am, just 15 rows back and very white:


No comments: