Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My trip to Portland by Angie Robson

Thursday, Aliah and I left our lives in Salt Lake City and headed for Portland. I wanted to go to Portland for a number of reasons. Those reasons being that I needed a break from everything in Salt Lake,I really like Portland and I may be going to school there in the fall and wanted to see what it was all about. We drove about 6 hours on Thursday and stayed in a really small town called Baker City, OR. Nothing was open at about 9pm except for the Pizza Hut, but the hotel had a pool and that was all we cared about.

The next day we arrived in Portland and stayed with my friend Ashley and her adorable family. Macie, Marley and Trenton were so much fun and it was great to see Ashley and Justin. We were roommates almost ten years ago and it had been about 4 years since I had seen her last. Her children are beautiful, their house is beautiful and they are just a wonderful family. Sometimes I get discouraged about my life and the things that I want (i.e. Temple marriage, kids, husband) but then I see families like Ashley's and they make me want what they have more than ever and it's easier to try for some reason. Aliah and I both had a few "pantry moments" but it was all worth it.

Here are just a few pictures of the cuties.

Marley really liked my sunglasses and this face is priceless.

Macie lost a tooth while we were there and she was so brave. The other one is going to fall out at any minute.


I had my birthday while I was there and the thelin family really made it special. After an exhausting day of shopping, Aliah and I got back to their house and they had decorated for my birthday. They had ordered Thai food, had a pie for me and cards and a present. Here are some of the pictures.






It's really hard to know what to wish for at age 29. 29? Geesh.

Aliah and I also had fun just running around Portland. We went to a concert at the Roseland Theater on my birthday to see Ben Gibbard play. He was amazing. Jenny Lewis (of Rilo Kiley) sang a couple of songs with him as well. It was a great concert.



We saw Portland State, we went to Powell's Humungo bookstore, we hit a lot of consignment shops and we ate and ate and ate and ate. It was glorious.

We went to some of the waterfalls outside of Portland too.







See the face?

I like pigs and Portland. Will it be my new home?

No comments: