Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pacific North West days 3 & 4

Ok, I didn't take any pictures of Day 3, but it consisted of a lot of walking. I mean a lot. We went to the Saturday market, rode on the street car (well a couple), went to the farmer's market and ate cherries. That night, Sarah and Joel went to Seattle, so Nolan and I set out on an adventure of our own, which started out at Sarah and Joel's and ended up at Powell's books only after we walked over the whole city. Pretty much literally. My feet were killing me, but it was totally worth it. We spent about an hour trying to figure out how my GPS (on my phone) would get us to a Thai restaurant. We found one and ate Som Tom, one of my favorite things in the world and then rented another movie (leave me alone, we were on vacation).

Day 4 we drove to the coast and stopped at a cheese factory. Not really what we expected. Lots of families and not much opportunity to really see how cheese was made. So we got ice cream instead and even though we stayed less than 15 minutes, Nolan insisted he get a picture in the cow cut out. How could I say no to that?


The coast was beautiful. We headed to Cannon Beach, saw Haystack Rock, drove through Seaside and ate in Astoria. I wanted a Goonie adventure, the closest we got was going into a restaurant, sitting down and realizing it was not what we wanted. We tried to think of an eventful escape plan (before ordering) but couldn't, so we just walked out.




The drive home was beautiful, but I totally fell asleep with my mouth wide open, head bobbing and probably some drool.

1 comment:

Evan and Holly said...

I'm glad you love my home. It makes me homesick to see all my old favorite places and things I did all the time growing up. Evan still hasn't made it to the coast, because when we go, we are always trying to fit in seeing family and everything. But we did see Multnomah Falls last time and Saturday's Market and the MAX. We did Powell's the first time Evan went there.