Thursday, March 8, 2007

Internet love?

Ok so my boyfriend (yes he is now OFFICIALLY my boyfriend) lives three hours away, so we spend time talking on the phone and instant messaging on the computer. We normally do both each night. Last night we had an Internet conversation that sort of left a bad taste in my mouth. I wish that I had a copy of our conversation so that I could go back and reread it, but I don't. We talked about how he is normally very selfish in relationships and that he broke up with his last girlfriend just before he moved because he "didn't think long distance relationships could work". He said that he is still not sure, but he is willing to try. I wasn't sure how to take this. He also said that he is sometimes super "uppity and confident" at the beginning of things and then it fades. He also said that this time is different though, he is more optimistic and "enjoys me". He also said that just because you enjoy someones company it doesn't mean that you will get married. I responded by saying that if it comes to a point in a relationship when you know you couldn't marry someone, it should end. He agreed. So I am not sure if we were just talking and getting to know more about how we are in relationships or if he was trying to tell me something. He ended the conversation with how much he liked me and how he couldn't wait to see me, so who knows. I am so paranoid in relationships. I hate that.

I said "he also said" about a million times in that last paragraph. Sorry, what a terrible read. So if you are reading this you are probably a close friend, advice is always appreciated. Post a comment I would love it.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I don't have much advice to give, I just wanted to break the comment "seal." You sound very happy, both in this blog and when I spoke to you tonight, so just let it go at that. Like me, you are over-analyzing things, I think. This post sounds anxious and worried. If he has any sense at all then he has already fallen in love with you. And if he hasn't yet, then he will shortly.