Friday, December 21, 2007

Things to be happy about

I have so many things that make me happy lately. I love lists, so I will just list them.

1.Karaoke- especially in an office setting. I belted out my best rendition of "Blaze of Glory" with full on air guitar and leg kicks. I also sang a beautiful duet of "Pour Some Sugar on Me" with my co worker that made us the talk of the office- who knew the lyrics were so suggestive?

2.Cutting down a tree. That is really fun. Seriously. It was like hunting, except you didn't have to worry about the "game" running away. I don't know why I compared it to hunting, I don't like hunting. Anyway. There is something so peaceful about being in the snowy mountains with no one else around- quiet and beautiful- picking out your own Christmas tree. I'd love to do it every year. Even though our tree turned out to be a little Charlie Brown-esque.

3.The movie "Once". I love that I now own it and can watch it as many times as I want.

4. Sick days. They are mine for the taking.

5. Snow storms with lightning. I had never experienced one until last night. I was curled up in my bed and able to just enjoy it. It was amazing. I love crazy storms (as long as I am not driving). I did almost die on the road later in the evening, but that is not part of this list.

6. Dinner with a good group of friends, swapping stories, laughing and just being together. That is so fun.

7. A low stress road trip where no one is annoying. It is really enjoyable to just drive and talk and drive and talk and drive some more. Of course I was just the passenger. The occasional rest stop was nice too.

8 comments:

Sarita said...

I concur.

But how bout friends that drive for you in the now. I bet that would make me pretty happy.

TUG said...

Merry Christmas

sorensenpower said...

This week I took a sick day and it was awesome!

Joseph Cone Darnell said...

Angie, rest stops are a must when on a road trip with non-annoying people. And cutting trees out in the peaceful woods is a must for the holidays...just make sure your long johns are clean and your saw is sharp. Also, don't be afraid to hold out for that more full, better smelling tree...then don't be afraid to give it away. I miss you.

Joseph Cone Darnell said...

Ps. your "book currently reading" is the made into movie, hip Kite Runner...as opposed to the go-back-in-time-and-do-yourself Time Traveler's Wife. What's up?

fünf said...

You are on my list of things that make me "hhhhhaaaapppy!!!!"

I love you, Merry Christmas.

Mickael said...

You are cool and awesome. My nephew told me that and it made me happy so now I am letting other people who are both cool and awesome know that they meet the mark. Good job!

Dainon. said...

You make me happy. Well, you make me laugh. Laughing is a result of happiness, am I wrong?

Mary Crissmas ...