Friday, February 22, 2008

It's not time to make a change

One of my all time favorite things is listening to my ipod on shuffle. I have about 3500 songs and it would take me FOREVER to listen to all of it, so when my ipod is on shuffle it's kinda like Christmas. I am so excited to find out what the next song will be- whether it's an old Counting Crow's song I forgot I loved or the new Radiohead I can't get enough of (Sullivan Street and All I Need- in case you were wondering). Tonight was especially great. I was driving home from a friend's house where we watched Some Like it Hot (men in drag and a braless Marilyn Monroe) and I was playing the ipod shuffle game when the most wonderful song came on- "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens aka Yusaf Islam. I sang it as loud as I could as I drove and when it was over I hit repeat and sang it again. I remember sitting on my bed with my cousin Heather at about age 8 and her teaching me to sing this song when we were supposed to be sleeping. I think this may be one of the greatest songs of all time.


There is no way a man who writes lyrics like that could a terrorist.

3 comments:

Johnny Metropolis said...

One time after an ugly fight with an exclusive girlfriend I had to drive her home. We didn't say a word to each other. It was really awkward. This song was playing on some CD I had made... I've mostly hated this song ever since.

Dainon. said...

Just so's you know, it's that beard that makes him a terrorist.

Erica Bass said...

Believe it or not that song reminds me of driving up to Ricks to see Alyssa and meeting all of you.