Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Swollen hands, cold feet

I would love for you all to go HERE (he's got more pictures). This is my friends Spencer and Breckan's blog. Over the weekend I went canyoneering in Zion National Park with them and Joey. It was seriously scary at times, but so so fun. You repel and climb over and under and through many things, drop down into ice covered water, break through it and swim- trying the whole time to keep your already frozen hands above the water. We went through 2 and a half canyons (the half was us going the wrong way up a canyon instead of down). The last repel was over a hundred feet down with you just lowering yourself down. I tried to play it cool, but there were times I was completely terrified. I had to will myself over the edge on some of those repels. Knowing that the only way out was down helped with the motivation. I wish I had a picture of how fat my hands were at the end. They were so swollen they looked ridiculous. I have felt like a truck ran me over for the past two days, but in a good way.


By the way, this is me. Seriously.

2 comments:

Sarita said...

My friends are so hardcore.

TUG said...

Holy Wow.

That is awesome.

Good for you