Friday, May 21, 2010

Sweet 16 x 2

So Wednesday was my birthday and I had a fantastic day. I took the day off and just had a great time. First I went to the Salt Lake Temple and did a session. It is a birthday tradition (new one), a time to reflect and feel the spirit in the house of the Lord. I have been needing some comfort and guidance and I feel like I received both of those things while I was there. I just love being there.

Then I met my mom for lunch at the beehive tea room. We wanted to do high tea, but my mom had to work so we just went for lunch instead. I had my favorite very berry tea and a spinach artichoke sandwich with the potato leak soup and it was delicious. My mom bought me a cute little tea pot and I bought very berry to enjoy whenever I want.

Then I went and bought myself a dress and a skirt from Anthropologie. I love both of them. Here's a little look:

I then took myself to the movies. I saw a really dumb movie and not the movie I actually wanted to see. I won't tell you the dumb movie (it's too embarrassing), but I did want to see Babies, I just thought maybe it would make me sad- so I didn't. I still want to see it though.

Then my friends had an amazing BBQ for me where we just hung out and talked and laughed. It was great. I had so much fun and all in all a great birthday.

I love being in my 30s. I think it's fantastic.

No comments: