Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Walkabout

Every year Aliah and I do our annual walkabout. We always know it's going to happen, but we're never sure when. We just wake up one morning and look at one another and say "Today is the day." That is exactly what happened this morning. The fun thing about the walkabout is, there is no destination. We just walk. Wherever. For as long as we want.

Today we walked into downtown, went to a few shops, decided to go to the gateway, changed our minds before we got there, decided to go to the avenues and then decided to try this new place I heard about and walked down to 300 west and 300 south. It's Bruges Waffles and Frites and the waffles? TO DIE FOR. I don't even like waffles. These were AMAZING. I got the vanilla waffle with belgian chocolate and homemade whipped cream. Aliah got the vanilla waffle with vanilla ice cream. After every bite Aliah said "Oh my gosh". They are so good. Go and try them. I will be back and I want to try his twice fried frites. If they are half as good as the waffles I will be 400 lbs by the end of the summer.




Then we went to the gateway and shopped a bit and jumped on trax to home (I made a dumb footwear choice and walking back wasn't happening). All in all another very successful walkabout!

2 comments:

emj said...

i went there for the first time today too! i had the vanilla one with fresh strawberries. it was so delicious.

Mickael said...

I am going to eat some of those waffles!!!!