Monday, May 30, 2011

96 days

I had a dream the other night that it was a week before the wedding and I hadn't planned anything. It was terrible. I was in panic mode and threw a bunch of things together and it was awful. I know that won't happen, I have too many capable and talented friends for that to EVER happen, but I do fear running out of time.

I have so many ideas, but have not tried to execute a lot of them- SO I better start!

This memorial day weekend was filled with house stuff. My future in laws are in town and we accomplished a lot. Valerie gave me a much needed tutorial on gardening. The front and sides of the house look 150% better. It's starting to really look nice . . . on the outside. The inside looks like a construction zone. As it should. Exposing brick walls, fixing the torn out kitchen, adding doors, removing plaster, emptying out the swimming pool in the basement (this is the wettest May in recorded history and our basement can attest to that). Who knew a house that is over one hundred years old could need so much TLC? (just kidding, we knew . . . kinda)

It's so exciting, but so stressful as well. So much to do, it's kind of overwhelming. I am so lucky to have such a great family and to be marrying in to such a great family, but I will be relieved when I am sitting on a beach in Costa Rica on my honeymoon and some of the stress is behind me.

Oh, and did I mention Nathaniel bought us tickets to Costa Rica for my birthday!?!!!????!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Things could be much worse.

1 comment:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Exciting!! Putting together a new house is so much fun! I haven't been able to start on Scott's yet because his roomies don't move out till Wednesday, new carpet goes in on Thursday, cleaning crew comes in on Friday (I am not cleaning that house after a bunch of boys have lived there!). I super look forward to "our" house though! Yours is super cute and I can't wait to see what all you do with it!

Yay for getting married!!! :-)