Sunday, December 6, 2009

M*A*S*H


I love things that predict the future. I don't necessarily believe that they will, but I love them none the less. Like the game MASH (play it here). It's so silly, but I get some strange satisfaction and maybe even a little hope when it goes my way. Like it's possibly fated to turn out. I also love horoscopes and numerology and making wishes (coins in a fountain, shooting star, at 11:11, when I lose an eyelash, etc). I really like good fortunes in fortune cookies and I have always wanted to go to a psychic- mostly just for fun, but I have some weird interest in it. My old coworker read my tarot cards once and I loved it.

I am not sure where this began, but I am sure every girl, as a child, played these games and secretly wished they would come true. Thank goodness they didn't or I would currently be married to Ralph Machio, but that small amount of belief in magic has lasted my whole life. Maybe I am a romantic? Maybe I am a psychotic? Who knows?

I do this other thing that is a little weird. I like to call it musical roulette. I play my Ipod on shuffle and think of a song and if it comes up in the next ten songs, I win, or I make a wish and it comes true or the boy I am thinking of is totally thinking of me too. I know, it's ridiculous. But it's kinda fun too and I like to think maybe I am creating psychic abilities of my own. Hey you never know. I could have a job on the side predicting the future for people by playing MASH. I will be charging 5 bucks a game, let me know if you're interested.

***In case you were wondering, MASH told me today that I will be marrying Adrien Brody, we will be living in an apartment in SLC, driving a purple BMW and have 4 lovely kids together. ***

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I am the same way. I think that's why I get so sucked in by books like Harry Potter and the Belgariad and Twilight and House of Night and the Sword of Shannara! I can totally see me in those alternate lives. I think part of it is a fascination with magic and part is with the other creatures like elves and vampires.

The only time I ever didn't like that kind of stuff was with the ouija board. That freaked me out.

Sarita said...

I loved MASH. And this doesnt make you psychotic, just imaginative. Which is a good thing.