Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tonight You Calm My Restlessness . . .

Tonight Aliah and I spent the good part of 3am looking up old songs from our past. I remember trying to fall asleep when I was a small girl, listening to my old clock radio as the numbers would flip over. There were many songs that lulled me to sleep- Groovy Kind of Love, Islands in the Stream and even Janet Jackson singing Let's Wait a While. The mix we have come up with will do nothing less than put me in tears and I love it. But the all time favorite memory is this one:



I LOVED this song. I cried many a night to this song. My elementary school heart just couldn't handle it.

We want to buy the song, just this song, but have been unable to find a way to do so. The person who helps me get this song, so that I can play it on my ipod on eternal repeat, will get a very special slow dance. Believe me, it will be well worth all your efforts (even if you're a girl).

Or I could just do my ballet dance moves as you gaze at me through the window. You choose.

5 comments:

joN. said...

hey wow, i remember this song!

i don't know how you can buy it, but i can very easily convert the youtube video into an mp3 if you'd like.

:p said...

Angie

I have it in mpeg for you. Where can I email it to?

pascal

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Rad!! I love 80's classics! It totally relaxed me when I was just listening to it....I only wish I had it for you so I could win the slow dance. Blast!

Angie said...

So I have had many people send me this song!!! Thank you so much. I think I will just need to have a slow dance party and dance with all of you!!!

Erica Bass said...

I was going to say I think my dad has the cd from when he was the stake dj back in the 80s. I totally loved this song. I think I was in love with the singer too.