Friday, November 21, 2008

I love the fall


I walk to school every Thursday and Friday. I have loved fall this year. For one, it has lasted so so long and the leaves have been especially gorgeous. They were gorgeous on the trees and now they are gorgeous on the ground. I think this mainly because it is not my responsibility to rake them up. Most likely, if it were, I would rake them into piles and jump in them- which totally defeats the purpose. Normally, by this time in Utah, it is frigid and snow is on the ground. It makes me so happy that walking to school is still enjoyable and not treacherous and miserable.

However, there is one downfall in all this turning to fall and eventually winter business. My room is FREEZING. We have an older house and I live in the attic. In the summer it's boiling and it the winter it's an ice box. I have my wonderful electric blanket that keeps me warm and so getting out of bed is almost impossible. I have a space heater, but my room is large and it just doesn't do the trick. If only there were a way to have a vent of some sort that pumped hot air into my room so that the whole room felt warm when I got out of bed in the morning. Will someone work on inventing that? Thanks.

No comments: